The long-term business success of M-I SWACO Manufacturing Group depends on our ability to continually improve the quality of our products and services while protecting people and the environment. Emphasis must be placed on ensuring human health, operational safety, environmental protection, quality enhancement and community goodwill. This commitment is in the best interests of our customers, our employees, our stakeholders and those in the communities in which we work and live.
M-I SWACO Manufacturing Group requires the active commitment to, and support of QHSE from all employees. In addition, line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation of, and ensuring compliance with, QHSE policies and standards. We are committed to:
- Protect the health and safety of our people at all times and in all circumstances
- Eliminate QHSE incidents
- Provide a framework for setting QHSE goals and performance objectives and the resources needed to successfully achieve them
- Maintain a structured management system focused on understanding, meeting, then exceeding customer expectations
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve our QHSE performance through the definition of operational standards, training, assessments and audits
- Be fully prepared to respond to any QHSE emergency
- Minimize our impact on the environment through pollution prevention and control of emissions, the efficient use of natural resources and the reduction and recycling of waste
- Educate our employees, customers, contractors, and business partners on the safe and environmentally responsible use of our services and products, and how their actions can influence QHSE performance
- Communicate openly with interested parties and ensure understanding of our QHSE policy, programs and performance
- Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and Local regulations for understanding of our legal obligations and other requirements
We are committed to the proactive integration of QHSE objectives into our management system at all levels, actively reinforced by reward programs that recognize outstanding QHSE performance demonstrated by our employees and contractors.
The commitments in this Policy shall be reviewed to ensure ongoing suitability and are in addition to our basic obligation to comply with M-I SWACO Manufacturing Group standards, as well as all applicable laws and regulations where we operate. This is critical to our business success because it reduces risk and adds value to our products and services.
Brian Carr, President - SWECO